- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 12/05/2023
- Website: automox.com
- Company Address: 1401 Walnut St, Suite 300, Boulder, Colorado 80302, US
About AutomoxAll your endpoints. Always configured. Always secured. Cloud-native IT operations for modern organizations.
Are you ready to own something big? Automox is turning IT admins into IT heroes by replacing traditional tools with our award winning cloud-native endpoint management platform. Our product works autonomously and so do our teams. We value a ‘one team’ mentality where everyone’s unique skills contribute to an environment that encourages collaboration and ownership. At Automox you’re enabled to do your best work, grow your career, and have an impact that will be noticeable. WE ARE A_TOMOX… all that’s missing is U!
As a Principal Software Engineer at Automox you will be a technical leader for the company. You'll have fun working closely with a diverse team consisting of Engineering Leaders, Staff Engineers, and Product Leaders to understand our internal and external customers, their markets, and design solutions that customers are excited to use and tell others about. Your work will influence multiple teams and services with a focus on current and future state architecture. You will not only do hands-on coding but will also help mentor and develop other engineers on strong engineering practices and design principles. This is a great opportunity for someone who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment that comes with a startup and is excited about making a big impact on the security of companies around the world.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Help feature teams design, architect and execute development of new applications which follow company standards and are scalable, stable and extensible.
- Collaborate across several teams on their engineering work, helping their team members make informed decisions in alignment with short and long term strategic plans.
- Evaluating, identifying and developing software solutions for the purpose of mentoring the organization and ensuring that what we build and ship is amazing
- Lead and implement key initiatives on our transformational journey towards and event streaming native modern SaaS application architecture.
- Play a central role in technical contributions and processes affecting the company.
- Be a point of escalation in solving technical problems of the highest scope, complexity, and ambiguity for engineering.
- Looks for innovation opportunities between several teams with a willingness to experiment and to boldly confront problems of large complexity and scope.
- Proposes initial technical implementation which supports architectural changes that solve scaling and performance problems.
- Facilitate conversations to remove blockers and encourage collaboration across teams.
- Interact with customers and other external stakeholders as a consultant and spokesperson for Engineering in partnership/collaboration with the Product and Program Management.
- Knowledgeable in all specialities practiced within Engineering and a subject matter expert in one or more of these areas.
- Attract, recruit, identify and hire top technical talent.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support the Automox platform
- Customer Focused: You put your customers first and are committed to their success.
- One Team: You hold yourself accountable and support your team.
- Tenacious: You finish strong and strive for continuous improvement.
- Nimble: You move fast, embrace change and adapt quickly.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Experience developing complex code and algorithms across multiple products or services in an API driven architecture.
- A domain expert in microservices, cloud architecture, and/or scalability.
- Experience with scaling legacy architectures and introducing system designs that help with short term needs while keeping an eye on the future direction.
- Extensive coding experience in a variety of languages and frameworks with a focus on best in class development practices and an ability to flow seamlessly between multiple languages.
- Passion for mentoring and developing a team of diverse engineers, ensuring an inclusive culture where everyone’s voices, backgrounds, and experiences are valued and integrated into solutions.
- Demonstrated history of delivering enterprise level software in an agile environment with a distributed team that works across multiple time zones.
- Clear communication up and down the organization.
- Effective communication with leadership and engineers regarding planning, reporting, status and/or conflict/blocker mitigation.
$185,000 - $230,000 a year
Base pay is part of a rich total compensation package that includes bonus, equity and benefits. Actual earnings may be less or more depending on a candidate's direct experience, skills, industry knowledge, and location.
Studies have shown that women, people of marginalized genders, and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We want to encourage you to apply, even if you don't feel like you meet all the requirements. We are more interested in your skills, your experience, and your passion for the work than we are in your specific qualifications.
Automox is the cloud-native IT operations platform for modern organizations. Our award-winning answer to modern IT operations and best-in-class results earned Automox four straight quarters of record growth. We are now trusted by more than 2,500 leading companies and MSPs worldwide, including NASA, Yale, Xerox, Allbirds, and Unicef. It makes it easy to keep every endpoint automatically configured, patched, and secured – anywhere in the world. The future of IT Operations is cloud-native – and right now. Will you join us?
TOTAL REWARDS: Thrive with Us
Beyond the Status Quo
🇺🇸 Work from almost anywhere in the USA***
📈Equity for Full-Time Employees
🏦 401K Match
🏝Flexible PTO, generous sick time policy
👋🏽$20 a month to connect virtually with colleagues
🎓 Unlimited access to Udemy courses
Health & Wellness
🩺 Comprehensive Health Plans with generous employer contributions
🩺100% Company-paid Short Term/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
🩺 Company HSA Contribution: $100-$150-$200 per month based on tier
🩺 Gender Affirmation Coverage on Cigna Medical Plan (including surgery)
Happiness & Well-Being
🎁 $50 per month Lifestyle Spending Account
💻 Internet Reimbursement - $50/month
🗄 $750 Home office stipend
👨👧👦 $10k Adoption Benefit
🤰🏽Comprehensive Family Planning Covered on Cigna Medical Plan
We are a fully distributed company and have remote workers throughout the United States.
***We are currently not able to hire in California, Seattle area, or New York metro***
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse company. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.