- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 11/27/2023
- Website: replicahq.com
- Company Address: 1814 Franklin St, Oakland, California 94612, US
About ReplicaReplica is a next-generation urban planning tool that can help cities answer key transportation and land use questions.
Location: New York, Kansas City, or Remote
Replica provides data about the built environment and the ways people interact with it. With better data, human-context and an intuitive design, Replica helps public and private sectors make informed, effective, and responsive decisions. By showing how people live, move and work, we contextualize hard choices, allowing our clients to see around corners and understand the trade-offs surrounding their decisions. Whether for a city planner increasing public transit to underserved neighborhoods or for a grocery chain evaluating where to open a new location, Replica’s insights lets clients make more informed, people-centered decisions.
We spun out of Alphabet in 2019 and recently secured series B funding from venture firms including Founders Fund, Innovation Endeavors, Sidewalk Labs, Firebrand Ventures, and Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Fund. Today, we are a team of 45 employees with offices in Oakland, Seattle, New York and Kansas City.
We value our customers, believe in being resourceful, and work in service of each other to scale our product. As we build our team, we are committed to pursuing and bringing together a diverse workforce and creating an environment of inclusion. We value our differences and we encourage all to apply. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
The Director of Regional Growth will support Replica’s revenue goals in the state and local government market. You’ll work to accomplish this by developing and implementing territory specific go-to-market plans defining the strategy and tactics that will be used to win business. In this role, you will lead strategic account prospect engagement from initial discussions to contract negotiations. You're passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for those whose work shapes the built environment.
You will report to the VP of State and Local Government, and coordinate with key cross-functional partners in Government Affairs, Marketing, Customer Success, Legal and Product to execute our revenue strategy.
Strong candidates will have extensive experience working in business development, state & local government agencies and their stakeholders, innovative high-growth companies and/or consulting.
- Lead the development of a comprehensive plan to effectively acquire strategic public sector customers in a given territory.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to implement your go-to-market plan.
- Act as the main point of contact to prospective clients leading all communications, proposals and negotiations.
- Develop a deep understanding of our data platform and the needs of our prospective state and local government customers.
- Effectively present the value of Replica to our prospective customers.
- Develop relationships with executive stakeholders within prospective customers
- 8+ years working in business development and 5+ years working in/with the public sector, with recent experience leading teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong government contacts at local and state levels including the transportation, economic development, and urban planning sectors.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Salesforce and related software.
What We Value
- We work in the service of others
- We understand that talent + diversity + curiosity + relentlessness wins
- We believe walking > talking
- We operate with thoughtful urgency
- We communicate openly and directly
- We build products people use
Compensation and Benefits
- Replica is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
- The base salary range for this position is $82,800 - $126,500 + quarterly commission . The salary range describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position across all US locations. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to relevant qualifications, depth of experience, skill set, certifications, trainings, education, and specific work location. The compensation packages may be adjusted based on candidate work location, due to differences in the cost of living for the given location. Your recruiter can share more about specific salary range during the hiring process.
- The total compensation package for this position additionally includes equity stock options, employee benefit package, 401k and/or 401K Roth with a 3% safe harbor employer contribution and may also include other applicable incentive compensation and/or bonuses.
- Employees, and their families, may elect coverage to Replica’s Benefit Plan including Medical (PPO base, PPO buy-up, HMO, HSA), Dental (PPO base, PPO buy-up), and Vision (PPO base, PPO buy-up) plans. Employees may also choose to elect an FSA or HSA account.
- Replica provides Basic Life Insurance and AD&D, however, additional Voluntary Life Insurance and AD&D can be purchased for the employee, spouse, and/or dependent child(ren).
- Replica observes 13 paid holidays annually and provides employees with an unlimited PTO policy. Sick leave is accrued based on a 40-hour work week, capped at 72 hours of accrued sick leave. Once an employee reaches the cap of 72 hours, sick leave accrual will cease until used, at which time accrual will resume. Unused accrued sick leave may be rolled over from year to year. New parents will receive 8 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Additionally, all employees receive access to our Employee Assistance Program.
- For more information on the position and benefits, visit https://replicahq.com/careers/
Replica is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to operate at both a strategic/conceptual level and at a detailed, operational level metrics driven; highly disciplined
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals
- A hands-on, action-oriented approach that fits well with the entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture
- Engaging leadership style that builds and sustains credibility with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, sales and market development and planning
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above, but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.