- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 09/12/2023
- Website: automox.com
- Company Address: 1401 Walnut St, Suite 300, Boulder, Colorado 80302, US
About AutomoxAll your endpoints. Always configured. Always secured. Cloud-native IT operations for modern organizations.
Are you ready for a new way of working? Automox is launching organizations into the future with cloud-native IT operations. By ditching clunky legacy tools and automating soul-crushing manual tasks, IT admins can get back to more exciting, strategic work. Behind our effortlessly modern platform is a group of builders, innovators, and entrepreneurial thinkers breaking the status quo–and having a lot of fun doing it. Our award winning culture, values, and community are shaped by real people doing really extraordinary work.
Ditch your daily commute, say goodbye to the typical nine-to-five, and embrace a new way of working at Automox.
As a Cloud Data Engineer you will collaborate with Product, Architecture, Engineering, SRE, and SecOps teams in delivering innovative solutions in an agile, multifaceted environment. An ideal candidate has experience as a Data Engineer with a strong Cloud background (e.g. AWS). You’ll bring your deep knowledge about database internals, distributed systems, high availability, replication, scalability and performance to the role. A passion for scaling data platforms, optimizing data patterns and structures, and empowering developers is a must, as is a focus on technology excellence, reliability, security, and performance to ensure high availability of data systems.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Work with a customer-focused dedicated team of SREs, Architects, and Engineers who are passionate about reducing the toil of software vulnerability remediation for our customers: IT, Engineering, and Operations teams.
- Leverage your engineering skills to dive into and prevent bottlenecks and inefficiencies of data systems and help shape the future of the data platform.
- Pair with fellow Architects, SREs and partner with software engineers to learn new technologies and innovative ways of building scalable cloud-native data platforms.
- Help us build on and improve a self-service, cloud-native software delivery platform that enables developers to go from development to production quickly.
- Partner with Automox's Engineering teams to identify, instrument, and measure the performance of data services that impact Automox's customers.
- Learn and grow your skills while working with new and exciting technologies
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 6+ years of experience as a DBA, Database Engineer, or similar role is required.
- Experience with data management systems: Relational Databases (e.g. PostgreSQL), Event Streaming Platforms (e.g. Kafka), Key-Value Stores (e.g. Redis) is required.
- Experience with database load balancer/proxy tools (e.g PGPool, PGBouncer)
- A cloud certification (such as AWS cloud certification) is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies such as RDS, Redshift, DynamoDB, EC2, S3, CLI, SDK, or equivalent cloud services.
- Exposure to a fast pace environment with focus on a growth stage product and scaled cloud infrastructure setup.
- Proficiency in coding in SQL, SPARQL, and/or other no-SQL data languages
- Should have worked in Agile methodology.
- Comfortable working outside and inside the database (setting up, optimizing, etc)
- Able to define and optimize data structures and recommend optimal techniques for data processing
- Experience deploying Database migrations in a safe, automated way.
- Solid understanding of all software development process phases, from initial requirements to operational support.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and experience with Production Incident Management / Root Cause analysis.
- Experience with important distributed systems service, including supporting Database Production Infrastructure with 24x7x365 support responsibilities.
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills and excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to detail, proactive self-starter.
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through support.
$134,000 - $160,000 a year
The base range above is part of a rich total compensation package that includes bonus, stock options and benefits. Actual earnings may be less or more depending on a candidate's direct experience, skills, industry knowledge, and location.
Studies have shown that women, people of marginalized genders, and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We want to encourage you to apply, even if you don't feel like you meet all the requirements. We are more interested in your skills, your experience, and your passion for the work than we are in your specific qualifications.
Automox is the cloud-native IT operations platform for modern organizations. Our award-winning answer to modern IT operations and best-in-class results earned Automox four straight quarters of record growth. We are now trusted by more than 2,500 leading companies and MSPs worldwide, including NASA, Yale, Xerox, Allbirds, and Unicef. It makes it easy to keep every endpoint automatically configured, patched, and secured – anywhere in the world. The future of IT Operations is cloud-native – and right now. Will you join us?
TOTAL REWARDS: Thrive with Us
Beyond the Status Quo
🇺🇸 Work from almost anywhere in the USA***
📈Equity for Full-Time Employees
🏦 401K Match
🏝Flexible PTO, generous sick time policy
👋🏽$20 a month to connect virtually with colleagues
🎓 Unlimited access to Udemy courses
Health & Wellness
🩺 Comprehensive Health Plans with generous employer contributions
🩺100% Company-paid Short Term/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
🩺 Company HSA Contribution: $100-$150-$200 per month based on tier
🩺 Gender Affirmation Coverage on Cigna Medical Plan (including surgery)
Happiness & Well-Being
🎁 $50 per month Lifestyle Spending Account
💻 Internet Reimbursement - $50/month
🗄 $750 Home office stipend
👨👧👦 $10k Adoption Benefit
🤰🏽Comprehensive Family Planning Covered on Cigna Medical Plan
👶🏽 Up to 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
We are a fully distributed company and have remote workers throughout the United States.
***We are currently not able to hire in California, Seattle area, or New York metro***
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse company. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position at this time.