- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 09/05/2023
- Website: superdispatch.com
- Company Address: 1617 Main St, Fl 3, Kansas City, MO 64108-1326, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Super DispatchSuper Dispatch's Auto Transport platform is a one-stop-shop for everything carriers and shippers needs to move cars faster, smarter, and easier. Backed by cutting edge technology and best-in-class software, the Super Dispatch platform provides the advanced experience Carriers and Shippers deserve.
The mission for the Mid-Backend Engineer is to build and improve the products and services of the platform as a member of an agile team that serves carriers and shippers in the Vehicle Transportation Industry of the United States.
- Work closely with your team (design, engineering, product, analytics) to figure out and deliver innovative solutions that will drive your team's key metric.
- Own the technical part of Product-Led initiatives inside and outside the products.
- Document, develop, refactor, deploy, and operate APIs, customer-facing and/or internal components/interfaces that serve Super Dispatch customers.
- Communicate with QA and Support to investigate and fix bugs.
- You have at least 4+ years of professional experience in general, at least 1 year of which is experience working in a product-driven environment.
- You are fluent in at least one Python web framework, such as Django, Flask, Starlette, etc. and willing to build and maintain services in different Python web frameworks.
- You have a passion about algorithms and data structures
- You have experience with relational databases.
- You have an understanding of Systems Design.
- You are a constant learner, you can pick up new programming frameworks and concepts quickly.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
- You are familiar and have experience with good engineering practices.
- You have a hands-on experience building on cloud platforms like GCP / AWS.
- You have experience in object-oriented programming languages, especially Java.
- You have a hands-on experience with Kubernetes.
- You have experience designing, building and running distributed systems (e.g., microservices) in a production environment.
- You have a hands-on experience with CI/CD pipelines
- You are familiar with testing tools
If you consider yourself an eager learner, a conscientious worker, and a thoughtful, kind, supportive human, you might just thrive at Super Dispatch.
To be successful, you will need a combination of problem-solving, technical, and communication skills. We expect you are:
- Thoughtful problem-solving: For you, problem-solving starts with a clear and accurate understanding of the context. You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, by yourself or with teammates. You're comfortable asking for help when you get stuck.constraints.
- Working in production: You have experience debugging systems in production. You appreciate the skill and challenge of replacing production components with minimal user disruption. You are able to be on an on-call rotation.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about business impact and prioritize projects accordingly. You're not just going after cool stuff—you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- Not ideological about technology: To you, technologies and programming languages are about tradeoffs. You may be opinionated, but you're not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills - you are a great writer, speaker, and listener. You can communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Team player - you have a collaborative mindset and the ability to build positive relationships with individuals across the organization.
- Open and positive - you have the willingness to learn and are open to criticism and new ideas.
- Proactive - you act without being told what to do and regularly bring new ideas and perspectives.
- Highly motivated - you are a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Flexibility - you adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions, you respond positively to complexity and change.
- Sense of urgency - you thrive in a fast-paced, get-it-done environment
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- Graduate from Super Dispatch’s company-wide new employee onboarding program. You’ll get caught up with who we are, how we work, and what we're building.
- Understand the full functionality of Super Dispatch products, as well as the greater auto transportation industry and competitive landscape.
- Have knowledge on how applications run on the cloud, how the performance is measured, how development and deployment are managed.
- Understand the main parts of the codebase and have reviewed some code.
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Collaborate on technical projects across teams within Super Dispatch.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and designers to tackle the interesting and challenging problems for building and growing an end-to-end (vehicle) shipping platform in the United States.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Start expanding your involvement and work with different teams on their challenges and improvements.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team with its mission, comprised of a product manager, UX designer, a frontend engineer, and a QA engineer.
Within 12 months, you’ll…
- Be a valuable contributor of the team you work with and within Super Dispatch in general.
- Be a contributing member of the backend developer community of Super Dispatch affecting and improving our backend components across the company.
What we do:
Super Dispatch is one of the fastest growing tech startups in Kansas City, and we're transforming the world of vehicle shipping. The Super Dispatch platform is a one-stop-shop for everything Carriers and Shippers need to move cars faster, smarter, and easier. Backed by cutting edge technology and best-in-class software, Super Dispatch is the advanced auto transport experience taking carriers and shippers into the future.
Who we are:
Our diverse team is composed of highly motivated professionals with a passion for solving big problems with technology. Our core values are built around learning, growing, evolving, and continuous experimentation. We believe and practice taking bold risks. We embrace failure as a lesson. We put our team first. We are committed to supporting each other and helping each other grow on this journey.
Summary of Benefits:
- Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation (PTO)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Fully remote/work from home role
- Growth opportunities
- Gym membership/wellness stipend
- Equipment provided