- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Technical/Customer Support
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 05/25/2023
- Website: returnmates.com
- Company Address: , Venice, CA, 90291
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About ReturnmatesReturnmates allows you to return your online purchases without leaving your home. We pick them up! No more printing, tape or dates at the post office.
Returnmates is a fast-growing, LA-based technology and logistics startup that provides brands with a customer centric delivery and returns experience for their shoppers. Our mission is to make online shopping more enjoyable by creating a seamless post purchase experience. We combine technology and logistics to provide a white-glove service for consumers -- step by step delivery tracking, SMS customer support and boxless, printerless (!) doorstep returns. If you want to join an innovative team that is tackling an area of ecommerce that has been left out to dry, this is the place for you.
Returnmates is seeking a Director to oversee our Customer (CS) and Driver Support (DS) operations. You'll be responsible for the performance of our remote Support functions located all over the US and overseas. This will include managing and developing our Support tech-stack, innovating on CS and DS processes, and designing/tracking our RM Support KPIs. The ideal candidate for this role should have excellent leadership and communication skills, as well as a strong track record of driving customer satisfaction and retention in a similar role. They should be strategic, analytical, and customer-focused, with a deep understanding of the customer journey and the ability to identify and address customer pain points. Your day-to-day efforts will support aggressive growth and expansion at a rapidly growing, early-stage startup.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with VP, Operations and Executive Leadership Team on devising and executing upon Customer and Driver Support strategies that align with the company’s goals and objectives
- Own and manage Customer Support operations handling thousands of daily communications with Customers and Drivers via both text, phone, email, and Slack
- Build and manage a team of support agents providing training, coaching, and mentoring to ensure the team's success in building trust and loyalty with Returnmates customers
- Direct all phases of operations and process improvement through developing rigorous, best-in-class Standard Operating Procedures and Brand Requirements
- Take ownership for both customer and driver complaints and grievances and collaborate with other functional areas to identify trends and process solutions
- Oversee customer claims reconciliation process and ensure accurate resolution of disputes for improved customer satisfaction and business efficiency
- Manage customer payouts, credits, and refunds ensuring timely and accurate resolution of financial transactions, as well as monitor fraudulent activity
- Develop and monitor customer satisfaction and support KPIs to escalate or address any issues and/or areas for improvement
- Develop and maintain a dynamic workforce management model that aligns with forecasted and actual staffing needs
- Identify, select, implement, and improve the CS tech-stack and/or CRM vision of the future
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Operations, Product, Engineering, and Sales, to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Communicate regularly with senior leadership and other stakeholders to provide updates on the customer support function's performance and impact on the business
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers, acting as an advocate for their needs and concerns
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, MBA preferred
- A minimum of 6-8 years of experience in customer service, business management, investment banking, consulting, or a high-growth startup experience
- 4+ years of experience leading teams combining EQ and IQ to make sound strategic judgment
- Experience building, managing, and leading large-scale, collaborative, and high performing CS teams in a fast-paced and high inbound volume environment
- Experience establishing and maintaining a metrics-driven call center environment leveraging technology; implement proper dashboards, KPIs, CRM best practices, etc.
- Experience in customer service technology implementations, migrations, and change management programming
- Experience in managing complex projects/programs through to completion
- Outside-the-box thinker with big visions for the future (and a plan to get there)!
- Deep knowledge of industry trends and best practices in customer support, leveraging this knowledge to continuously improve the customer experience
- Humble, can-do attitude with an obsession for solving problems
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills; proficient in Excel and Powerpoint, familiarity with SQL
- Strong understanding of ecommerce and the online returns process
- Ability to communicate with several levels of stakeholders; customers, brand partners, drivers, warehouse workers and junior team members
- Team player
- Lead by example in rolling up your sleeves and getting deep into the day-to-day work
- Agile - able to jump from priority to priority and gain inspiration from a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing salaried and hourly W2 employees, as well as 1099 contractors
You'll be excited to join the team because we have:
- The opportunity to join the ground floor of a fast-paced startup experiencing hyper-growth!
- 100% health, vision, and dental benefits coverage for employees, and 50% coverage for eligible dependents
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee stock options
- A fun and engaging work environment