- Job Type: Part-Time
- Function: Professional Svcs
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 11/27/2023
- Website: skiptown.io
- Company Address: 222 Rampart St , Charlotte, NC 28203
About SkiptownSkiptown (formerly Skipper) is a tech-enabled hub for dogs and their people. The trusted pet services company provides pet parents with first-class dog walking, daycare, and boarding services, as well as a membership-based dog park and bar – all powered by the Skiptown mobile app.
We are looking for creative, skilled animal lovers with professional grooming experience who are passionate about providing quality grooming services for our adorable pups and their amazing owners. Position is part time.
As a Groomer you will:
- Perform Groomer functions as requested that meet client expectations and are appropriate for the dog
- Observe dog coat condition, recommend, and execute appropriate treatments and remedies
- Ensure the Grooming Coordinator is advised of extra charges, notes, or any delays/changes in schedule
- Manage each client’s appointment details through Skiptown provided technology - entering in necessary information such as start time, end time, before and after pictures, and more
- Sanitize your station and perform additional maintenance throughout the day to ensure a high quality environment for grooming
- Follow safety procedures for pets and staff at all times
Required Skills & Experience:
- Safe pet handling
- Bathing, drying & maintaining all coat types
- Nail trimming & filing
- Ear cleaning
- Advanced clipper & scissor techniques
- Equipment handling & maintenance
- Knowledge of safety & sanitization protocols
Here’s what you need:
- 10-20 hours of weekly availability
- Experience as a professional groomer
- Exceptional time management skills and reliability
- (Bonus) experience in coaching less experienced groomers
Why is working for Skiptown great?
- Little to no client contact (no phone calls, no check-ins, just grooming)
- Brand new facility in Southend…walk to Shake Shack for a snack!
- Vibe Check: Personalized playlist, PYOS (pick your own *free* snacks), personal cell phone access throughout the day
- Skiptown designed grooming app that gives you all the info you need in the palm of your hand
But wait, there’s MORE!
- Free employee membership to the bar & park for your eligible dog(s)
- 30% off of eligible Skiptown services
- DoorDash DashPass Work Perks…get your Dunkin’ fix without having to work for it
- $500 incentive (paid out over the first 3 months of employment)
- Purple swag. Lots of purple. We’re serious. You should really like purple.
- $300 new equipment allowance after 6 months of employment
- Equipment sharpening allowance
- Onsite sanitizing equipment
- Continuing education & access to Learn2GroomDogs.com
- Capable of physical movements requiring the use of legs, wrists, hands and/or fingers including kneeling and bending.
- Repetitive arm and wrist use. Frequent grasping.
- Ability to pull up to 140 lbs.
- Ability to be on your feet and/or walking up to eight (8) hours per day for at least four (4) hours at a time frequently.
- Ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds.
Who We Are:
Skiptown is on a mission to make the lives of pets and their people easier, and even more fun, through a fully integrated pet services platform. A dog social club, Skiptown is the first tech-enabled, premium pet services ecosystem offering first class fun for pups and people. Our 24,000 sq ft flagship location in South End offers dog daycare, boarding, grooming and a social bar - and will soon expand to include retail, veterinary, training and transportation services.