- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 03/16/2023
- Website: craftydelivers.com
- Company Address: 118 N Peoria St, Chicago, IL
About CraftyCrafty is a centralized platform for workplaces to manage food, beverage and supplies for their in-office, remote, and hybrid teams across the globe. We provide the services and technology to manage pantry, catering, cafe programs across the globe, as well as remote employee perks in the United States.
Crafty is seeking a Director of Product Design to oversee our talented and growing team of Product Designers, with the primary focus of improving user experience across our suite of Customer and Employee-facing products that power workplace food and beverage programs around the globe. Our Product Design team works closely with stakeholders, product managers, engineers, and our customers to craft human-centered, holistic solutions to the user problems.
You’ll be responsible for elevating UX and Visual Design across all products, growing and leading the team, evangelizing testing methodologies, establishing a practice for Service Design, and creating a supportive culture of continuous improvement. This role reports into the VP of Product and is a critical member of our Product & Engineering Leadership Team. In addition, this is a player-coach role where you will both manage and coach individual designers as well as get hands-on with higher priority product design initiatives.
- Manage and coach the team of Product Designers, including 1:1s, career conversations, learning & development, recruitment, and hiring.
- Champion design-thinking and establish a service-design approach to our Product Design practice.
- Establish a Design System and encourage best practices in its usage.
- Partner with Marketing to incorporate our evolving Brand Design into our platforms.
- Bring design best practices to the team to drive consistency, modernization, usefulness, and craftsmanship.
- Work directly with leadership across all departments to ensure user-centric design is included in strategic decision-making.
- Introduce ways of working within the Design, Product, & Engineering to create more valuable, desirable, and useful product features
- Occasionally get hands-on with UX design for critical projects and emerging products.
Who we are:
Crafty is a centralized platform for workplaces to manage food, beverage, and supplies for their in-office, remote, and hybrid teams across the globe. Founded in 2015, our mission is to help companies craft better workplaces. From G2 to Paypal to Yelp, we work with the world’s biggest brands to harness the power of food and beverage to foster a culture of employee connectivity and increase workplace productivity. Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York and the Bay area, Crafty manages over 260 international customer offices and serves over 300,000 employees per month.
Who we are looking for:
Your experience & proficiencies::
- 5+ years experience in Digital Product Design, 3+ of which include team management
- Proven success at recruiting, scaling, & coaching design teams
- Experience on B2B, SaaS, Enterprise and/or Internal Tools Products
- Expertise in prototyping, usability testing, A/B testing, and other user research methodologies, with experience coaching others on their uses.
- Knowledge of Accessibility standards and best practices, with a proven track record of making products more accessible and inclusive.
- Experience creating and evolving a modern design system and providing thought leadership to Designers and Engineers on its use.
- Expertise in information architecture, resulting in simplification of complex, data-heavy products.
- Experience with both Web and App design.
- Majority of experience in agile frameworks with in-house teams preferred.
- Proficiency with tools such as Figma (our tool of choice), Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Abstract and Invision
- An ability to lead meetings and assist in design-thinking brainstorming sessions that develop stakeholders business needs into user-focused solutions.
- A robust UX design portfolio across diverse products.
**To be considered for this position, please include a link to your portfolio.**
- Deeply curious and empathetic and have the ability to consider product strategy and vision. You don’t just care about “how it looks” or “what we should design” but rather, “why are we designing this at all?”
- Collaborative by nature. You will be working with leadership, product managers, engineers and end users.
- Able to present work in a clear and compelling manner and are able to rationalize design decisions by citing best practices, testing data, or business goals
- Extraordinarily organized. Detail-orientation is an absolute must. You have tried-and-true methods in your arsenal for staying organized and on top of it all.
- Extremely action-oriented. We are a startup with the mentality that no job is too big or too small for us.
- Passionate about growth. We have a bright future ahead – which depends on our team’s spirit, morale, and work ethic.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
You are considered fully vaccinated:
- 14 days after your dose of an accepted single-dose vaccine
- 14 days after your second dose of an accepted 2-dose series
- 14 days after you've received 2 doses of any "mix-and-match" combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines administered at least 17 days apart.
If you do not meet these requirements, you are NOT considered fully vaccinated.
What we offer:
Our people mean everything to us. When you join Crafty, you’re joining a team of passionate, smart hooligans who work incredibly hard and know how to get things done. Building the structure to support our team as it continues to grow will have a tremendous impact in enabling our growth today and shaping the company that we become.
Our employees are joining our team, and we are proud to offer a compensation package that includes an option to join our Crafty healthcare plan to cover health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, paid time off, equipment certification courses, and parental leave. And, it goes without saying, but snacks, beverages, and fun Crafty events are a part of that!
Crafty provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without discriminating against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.