PreFix Inc. is transforming home maintenance and eliminating the hassle of home ownership. We have
created a completely new category based on relationships that are woven into the fabric of the
communities we serve. Our customer retention and satisfaction are unrivaled by any company in this
sector. While currently focused on home maintenance, we are expanding into adjacent services and
new geographic markets.
The company is a graduate of the Capital Factory and Techstars Accelerator programs. Current
investors include Chicago Ventures, Brand Foundry Ventures, Moonshots Capital, Firebrand Ventures
and the UBER Syndicate.
In addition to empowering homeowners to spend time on the things that matter, a core part of our
mission is to empower employees to build careers that matter. We are committed to creating clear
and compelling career paths for employees at all levels of our organization. Our culture is fastpaced but highly collaborative. We pursue excellence with humility and empathy.
About the Role
As a Director of Marketing, you will have the opportunity to drive the growth, craft the marketing
strategy and shape the future of PreFix. This role requires an entrepreneurial, challenge-seeking
problem solver. This requires creativity, an analytical mindset and grit. The role provides significant
equity compensation in line with its importance.
What you will do:
• Drive the continued rapid acceleration of customer acquisition.
• Move as quickly as possible without compromising attention to detail or the quality of our
• Continue to build on an already strong marketing foundation through rapid but methodical
experimentation spanning channels, messaging, and market segments.
• Continue to optimize digital channels through new messaging and targeting.
• Understand and engage with the communities in which we operate to craft innovative and
proprietary field marketing strategies.
• Lead a team which includes field marketers, inbound sales agents, business development
managers, content specialists and agencies.
• Work directly with our customer support team to ensure consistency of messaging and brand
promise across the customer lifecycle.
• Analyze and document best practices to continue to refine our playbook in advance of our
launch in other markets.
• Develop business-to-business marketing strategies that are mutually beneficial and drive
acquisition and brand awareness.
• Lead our launch efforts in new markets and the launch of new services in those markets. The
position is primarily based in Austin but there will be some travel to other Texas markets.
What you will need:
• 3+ years experience in building and refining new marketing playbook/checklists for multisite concepts.
• Strong interpersonal skills – the ability to form relationships, lead a team, manage employees
and create a constructive environment that will enable your direct reports and the broader
team to thrive.
• Ability to forecast and meet targets and make rapid adjustments when necessary.
• Proven to be self-motivated and eager to take ownership of tasks through to rapid resolution.
• Excellent organization and time management skills/processes for yourself and your team.
• Clear communication skills. The ability to explain our category succinctly and communicate
key insights and priorities internally.
• A valid state driver’s license and pass pre-employment background check.
Interested candidates should forward a resume and brief cover letter to
email@example.com. For more information about the company please refer to